Hong Kong, literally Porto Scented, a city full of contrasts, between tradition and modernity, the West and the East, chaos and tranquility, the effectiveness of its transport network and the roads the treated area with those of the chaotic suburbs and … that leave something to be desired, the heart of international finance but also of oriental culture, the downtown skyscrapers and suburban slums …
In a metropolis so contradictory and varied sure what choice do and see and wide. Here are the attractions that we did not lose …
Victoria Peak – Perhaps the most dramatic point of the city and the most photographed. From this promontory, 400m high, it dominates the skyline of Hong Kong Bay. Ammagliati the majesty of this city, its busy port we to do was to try to trap this panorama in countless shots … I think this picture speaks for if…
The markets in Hong Kong – Are all an experience in itself. Colors, sounds, and so many people and so many products from the most common to the most strange and certainly a lot of junk and many smells … to say the least intense.
In the markets of Hong Kong there will of all types, to suit every taste from the Ladies Market, namely the market for The Lord, in Mongkok where, as throughout HK, are imitations of fashion more prestigious brands, in Temple Street that begins to come alive in the late afternoon when it is invaded by the stalls of street vendors and numerous themed markets like that of birds in Yeun Po Street, flowers or even fish, the Goldfish Market, or that of electronic gadgets in Sai Yeung Choi Street South as well as the jade market in the streets of Kansu and Battery.
If the crowds and the frenzy of purchases does not for you non demoralization because Hong Kong the shopping home. Dirigetivi in Charter Road will not be disappointed by many shopping centers and designer boutiques, though also always crowded here.
Avenue of Stars – along the waterfront of Tsim Sha Tsui and the way of the stars … not those of Hollywood, but mostly of Chinese and Asian actors. The only prints we recognized were those of Jackie Chan and the bronze statue of Bruce Lee. To tell the truth, we did not go here because fanatics of Eastern cinema but rather for the fame that has this walk, definitely charming, along the Hong Kong bay dominated by large graticule. Not to be missed especially the spectacle of lights and sounds of skyscrapers, Symphony of Lights, held every evening at 20:00.
Man Mo Temple – it is one of the most ancient temples of Hong Kong, dedicated to Man, the god of literature and Mo, the god of War. The atmosphere that surrounds this house and definitely mystical and very impressive. For a moment he seemed to be in a world apart, away from the hustle and urbanity Hong Kong, perhaps even about the fumes and strong smells of incense and of which impregnated the air; as well as those lit by the faithful devotees there are also huge spirals suspended from the ceiling.
Nathan Road – one of the main arteries that breaks Hong Kong from South to North, and a glimpse of the busy Hong Kong. The attraction of this street and just the swarm of life day and night and some characteristic buildings that overlook as the “infamous” ghetto of backpackers, the Chungking Mansions, not that it is a tourist attraction but it a place to see … .. but I recommend not to sleep!
Kowloon Park – one of the many parks in Hong Kong and green oasis of peace and coatica in Tsim Sha Tsui where you can immerse yourself in complete peace. At Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8.00 at 9.00 you can also restore harmony between your body, mind and spirit by participating in the free classes of Tai Chi, the ancient Chinese martial art. It is worth also be only as discrete as spectators to admire the performance of slow movements of this art are turned into a silent dance.
Hong Kong Museum of Arts – with more than 14,000 Chinese art objects and one of the most great museums of the city and know how to make you blow away a few hours of your day.
You may also like to read another article on NGCATravel: If you go to Canada in 2017 all tickets to the national parks will be free
Information and advice …
- Tsim Cha Tsui, in the south of the Kowloon Peninsula, and undoubtedly the most striking zone by tourists and one where many end up overnight. If you want an alternative away from this chaos try the modern Causeway Bay. Here are some tips on how to find a cheap hotel in Hong Kong.
- The cost of the Peak Tram and HK $36 or, to access the Sky Terrace – not that it is necessary to admire the beautiful view from the Peak – HK $56 while for the bus (the 15c) of HK $9.80. Certainly take the historic tram from Garden Road – always if you are armed with patience for the inevitable and long tail – will give his emotions but if you are lucky to have our same driver, the bus does not even less, in which case, however, I do not recommend to look out the window down the cliff.
- From Victoria Peak, there are beautiful walks such as the Peak Circle Walk, for a panoramic view of 360 degrees, or leisurely walk on Old Peak Road which reports to central Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong and a super-popular destination for shopping – for many, for this reason, a good excuse for a stop-over – but it’s also the “home” of false even when it comes to technological gadgets, so watch what you buy!
- If you are a traveler “geek” you will be pleased to know that in Hong Kong there are over 7000 places where you can connect to the network for free wi-fi to download tourist information on the city and other useful applications.
- If it’s your first time in Hong Kong, once landed at the airport make a stop at the desk of Hong Kong Tourism Board to make full of maps and tourist information leaflets on the city, of course, free.
- Octopus Card – if you intend to move a lot with the public transport then this rechargeable electronic paper and the most cost-effective and convenient solution that will save you time and the hassle of always having the right coins needed to pay for many of the transport. And also it accepted to pay in many supermarkets, fast food, machines, parking and many shops. Do not worry if at the end of your stay you will still have a balance, it will be ‘returned when equals the card.