It’s that time of year again – the holidays are approaching and you want to find some things for your family to do in December. While there are plenty of things to do in the area, it can be hard to find all the things that might interest your whole family. That’s why we came up with this list of the best places to visit with your family!
What is a December Vacation?
December is a great time to take a family vacation. Not only is the weather warmer and nicer, but there are many great places to visit in December. Here are four of the best:
- Niagara Falls – This UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most famous tourist destinations in North America. There are many different ways to see the falls – from walking on the river below to taking a hydro ride or driving up the Horseshoe Falls. The falls are also home to several restaurants and hotels, making it easy to stay in one place and have a great time.
- Disney World – One of the world’s most popular theme parks, Disney World is perfect for families. With nearly 40 rides, attractions and shows, there’s something for everyone at Disney World. Plus, with so many dining options available, you can eat just as much as you want without feeling guilty.
- Universal Orlando Resort – Another popular theme park, Universal Orlando Resort, offers attractions for all ages. From roller coasters to Harry Potter locations, there’s something for everyone at Universal Orlando Resort. Plus, with more than 100 restaurants and bars in the area, you can find just what you’re looking for.
- SeaWorld Orlando – The perfect destination for families and young children, SeaWorld Orlando has animals, rides and shows just waiting to be enjoyed by all. From dolphins to interactive games, there’s something a little bit different here.
- Universal Studios Florida – Universal Studios offers not only amazing attractions and attractions but also a movie studio that creates movies based on your favorite characters.
Decembers Top Places to Visit
This December, families can enjoy some of the best places to visit in the area. From famous amusement parks to top tourist destinations, there are plenty of great options for a fun-filled day out with the kids. Here are five of our favorites:
- The Santa’s Village at Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio, is an excellent place to spend a winter day with the family. With plenty to do, including rides and attractions, it’s sure to be a memorable experience.
- If you’re looking for a little more peace and quiet, consider visiting one of the many national parks in the area like Rocky Mountain National Park or Grand Canyon National Park. Both offer beautiful scenery and activities perfect for exploring with kids.
- Cleveland is home to Playhouse Square, one of North America’s most popular family amusement parks. With rides such as the Tower of Terror and Pirates of the Caribbean, it’s definitely worth checking out this holiday season.
- For a unique experience that will keep your children entertained for hours on end, take them to LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Richfield Township, Ohio. This massive theme park has something for everyone, including rides, attractions and shows. The LEGOLAND Discovery Center is open year round, so there’s no need to worry about the weather.
- Spend an evening watching The Nutcracker Live at Playhouse Square. This holiday ballet promises to be a magical evening for everyone in your family.
Places to Visit with Kids
If you’re looking for some family-friendly activities to do in December, there are plenty of great options out there. Here are some of our favorites:
Visit a ski resort – slopes are open all month long, and the winter wonderland scenery is sure to make everyone smile.
Take a hike – explore the great outdoors all month long with your little ones by hiking trails near you.
Attend a Christmas parade – everyone loves a good parade! Check local listings to see what’s happening in your area.
View a Christmas tree farm – this is a fun and educational activity for the whole family. See how the trees are grown and get to cut one down yourself!
How Long Should You Stay on Vacation?
There’s no one definitive answer to this question, as everyone enjoys different lengths of vacation. However, here are five general tips to help you decide how long to stay on vacation:
- Consider what you enjoy most about vacation. If you find yourself constantly itching to get back home, then it might be best to shorten your vacation duration. Conversely, if you thrive on the occasional day of rest and relaxation, then taking your time might be the better option.
- Determine how many people will be traveling with you. If there are only two of you in attendance, for example, then a shorter duration might be more ideal than a longer one if you don’t enjoy each other’s company that much during breaks from touring.
- Think about what activities interest you most and plan your trip around those interests. For example, if hiking is at the top of your list, try visiting areas with lots of hiking trails in close proximity to each other. Alternatively, if spending time at the beach is more your style, consider traveling to a location with plenty of sunny beaches nearby.
December is a great time to get out and explore with your family. Whether you’re looking for places to go skiing or hiking, there are plenty of great options available in December. And if you’re looking for someplace special to visit, consider traveling to one of the many destinations listed in our article. From Toronto to New York City, there’s something for everyone on this list!